In the summer of 1976 not only was the weather extremely hot but VW launched the iconic hot hatchback the MK1 Golf GTI. Fast forward 45 years and to celebrate its 45th birthday, VW have released the Golf GTI Clubsport 45. Order books will be open within the UK today. Prices in Germany start from 47,790 euros (£41,383.00).
The Golf Clubsport 45 is based on the current Golf GTI Clubsport but with some interior and exterior upgrades. It features a black roof spoiler and a black framed rear window that pays homage to the original Golf GTI.
Other features are listed below.
- Race package
- 19 inch Scottsdale alloy wheels
- Sports exhaust
- Electronic top speed limiter removed
- “45” lettering on side sills
- IQ. Light LED matrix headlights
- GTI lettering on the sports seats
- “45” on the sports steering wheel at the 6 o’clock position
Previous Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport news below.