Aston Martin Works last week completed “Job 1” the first in a limited run of just 25 DB5 Goldfinger Continuation created in association with Bond filmmaker EON Productions.
The DB5 has been fitted with an array of Bond-inspired gadgets.
- Rear smoke screen delivery system
- Rear simulated oil slick delivery system
- Revolving number plates front and rear (triple plates)
- Simulated twin front machine guns
- Bullet resistant rear shield
- Battering rams front and rear
- Simulated tyre slasher
- Removable passenger seat roof panel (optional equipment)
- Simulated radar screen tracker map
- Telephone in driver’s door
- Gear knob actuator button
- Armrest and centre console-mounted switchgear
- Under-seat hidden weapons/storage tray
- Remote control for gadget activation
The price is a “shaken, not stirred” £2.75m plus taxes. Unfortunately this car is not road legal.
The DB5 is, without question, the most famous car in the world by virtue of its 50-plus year association with James Bond. To see, the first customer car finished, and realise that this is the first new DB5 we have built in more than half a century, really is quite a moment. It is a genuine privilege, and significant responsibility, to have been involved in the shaping of this new DB5 and to be helping to lead the creation of new versions of this automotive icon. I’m absolutely certain that the 25 lucky owners who are beginning to take delivery of these cars will be thrilled with them.”Said Marek Reichman, Chief Creative Officer of Aston Martin Lagonda.
FOLLOW ME ON:
Facebook – webloganycar.co.uk
YouTube – We blog any car
Instagram – webloganycar